Visas arrived today at 11:30 AM. We are finished packing!!! All four suitcases are maxed at 50 lbs a piece. No room to wiggle. Each suitcase is stuffed with a few cold weather clothes, lots of toys and gifts for the adoption agency and orphanage workers. We are hoping the scales at the airport are the same as ours. It would cost an additional $200.00 for even 1 lb. overweight.
Tomorrow my dad will drop us off at McGhee Tyson airport. Flying KLM to Detroit, then to Amsterdam then to Almaty and then to final destination Ust-Kemenorgorsk. Total flying time 19 hours. Thank goodness for lay overs. I love to have my feet on the ground unlike my husband who wishes he had wings.
We are hoping to see our babies on Tuesday 4/13. Please pray for safe travels. We will let you know when we have arrived. Until then...Da Sveedaneeya!
Saturday, April 10, 2010
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Visas delayed
We waited all day for the Visas...they did not arrive but they should be delivered to us by Saturday morning. We have changed our airline tickets to leave on Sunday afternoon, arriving in Almaty, Kazakhstan on Tuesday morning. We are delayed 2 days on this end but the coordinator will take us directly to the orphanage from the airport on Tuesday so we are only one day behind on the Kazakhstan side of things. After 2 days traveling, I'm sure we will look great! It doesn't matter...I can't wait to see my babies!
I know God is looking down and laughing at us. I'm sure he knew we needed another day or two to recheck our 'list' for the 1,000th time.
I know God is looking down and laughing at us. I'm sure he knew we needed another day or two to recheck our 'list' for the 1,000th time.
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Still waiting for visas
Just a quick update.
We sent our visa information via Fed Ex to a courier in Washington, D. C. on Wednesday. The documents arrived to her on Thursday morning. Unfortunately a vital conformation number was not available until Monday; so even though we sent our application it could not be forwarded for processing until this morning. So we are several days behind. We were told that the visa application process usually takes 4-5 days and that's if we are lucky. It is starting to look like our travel might be delayed a couple of days but we are staying positive. Maybe God knows we need more time to pack...it's been a little crazy : )
KEEP PRAYING!
We sent our visa information via Fed Ex to a courier in Washington, D. C. on Wednesday. The documents arrived to her on Thursday morning. Unfortunately a vital conformation number was not available until Monday; so even though we sent our application it could not be forwarded for processing until this morning. So we are several days behind. We were told that the visa application process usually takes 4-5 days and that's if we are lucky. It is starting to look like our travel might be delayed a couple of days but we are staying positive. Maybe God knows we need more time to pack...it's been a little crazy : )
KEEP PRAYING!
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Visa application in the mail...God has this!
Wow...what a crazy two days we have had. Tuesday at 2:30 we get the call, by 4:30 Glenn has already been in touch with the travel agent. Travel plans are made but we can't travel until we get our Visas. All day Wednesday was spent preparing documents for our visa application then by 5 pm off to Assistant Stork Courier service in Washington D.C. The documents arrived at the courier this morning at 10:15 but one piece of information is missing. The region has not sent our agency the Letter of Invitation (LOI) to travel, confirmation number. We have found out that even if we get the confirmation number it may not be delivered to the Embassy of Kazakhstan until next week. Time is ticking. If we don't get our Visa then travel is delayed. I am reminded, "God has this!".
In the meantime we are busy collecting and updating other documents that we will need to bring with us to Kazakhstan. These have to be sent to the Tennessee State Department for apostille of the notary. Those are also in the mail but will be delayed due to Good Friday. Once again...God has this!
We will be spending the next few days packing for a 30 day visit to Ust-Kamenogorsk, Kazakhstan. I checked the weather today...high 32, low 28. Just when I started to get my solar battery charged we are off for more winter. No complaints though. I can't wait to get my arms around those babies.
Keep praying! Will check in soon.
LaRonda
In the meantime we are busy collecting and updating other documents that we will need to bring with us to Kazakhstan. These have to be sent to the Tennessee State Department for apostille of the notary. Those are also in the mail but will be delayed due to Good Friday. Once again...God has this!
We will be spending the next few days packing for a 30 day visit to Ust-Kamenogorsk, Kazakhstan. I checked the weather today...high 32, low 28. Just when I started to get my solar battery charged we are off for more winter. No complaints though. I can't wait to get my arms around those babies.
Keep praying! Will check in soon.
LaRonda
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)